Menu
veces
  • Ingresar
  • Registrar

The government’s product safety inspector has uncovered numerous online vendors selling potentially lethal

The government’s product safety inspector has uncovered numerous online vendors selling potentially lethal gifts.  

Parents are being urged to double check that none of these dangerous toys are hiding under the Christmas tree this year.

Among the products exposed by the Office for Product Safety & Standards’ pre-Christmas crackdown were two brands of slime toys.

‘Glacier slime’ and ‘Ninja slime’ were both found to contain toxic levels of boron – which can harm children’s reproductive systems if ingested.

Ninja slime, despite containing 701 mg/kg of boron, comes with a straw and instructions that encourage children to ‘blow bubbles’ with the toxic goo – increasing the risk of accidental ingestion.

‘Ninja slime’, one of the dangerous toys uncovered by the government probe into hazardous toys, contains toxic levels of boron – and yet comes with a straw and instructions that encourage children to blow bubbles with it, increasing the risk of accidental ingestion

A toy called ‘baby doll in bathtub shower set’, a role playing game for children, was flagged as having ‘an excess concentration’ of cancer-causing agents.

Baby doll in bathtub shower set contains potentially cancer-causing concentrations of phthalates

The product safety report reads: ‘A young child playing with the toy is exposed to phthalates which can potentially harm a child’s health either via cancer or non-cancer effects.’

The baby doll role playing game – listed on eBay for sale before the pre-Christmas crackdown – also poses a choking risk to children, according to the report.   

A pink hoverboard under the brand name ‘Mega Motion’ was also listed as posing a ‘serious’ risk to users. 

The hover board’s reflective pink casing hides a ‘poorly built transformer’ that threatens to electrocute its owner when plugged in for charging. 

A bear-shaped xylophone with a puzzle-block shape sorter on the side was found to pose a ‘serious risk’ of strangulation.

A pink hoverboard, sold under the brand https://mast.com.vn/collections/phu-kien-do-choi-xe name ‘Mega Motion’, was withdrawn for having a ‘poorly built transformer’ that could electrocute when plugged in for charging

A bear-shaped xylophone had a cord twice the permitted length, presenting a risk of strangulation 

The deceptively cute-looking bear was sold on Amazon UK between August 2020 and October 2021 – despite having a pull-along cord measuring 420mm, twice the permitted length.

‘As the cord is too long, a child may wrap it around their neck and get entangled, presenting a risk of strangulation,’ notes the report. 

Colourful baby wrist socks – wearable, rattling garments for tots – made in China were destroyed at the border, after they were exposed as posing a risk of choking. 

Colourful baby wrist socks contained a rattle that could easily dislodge, causing choking

Tests by the Office for Product Safety & Standards revealed the rattle behind the yellow bug-like characters could easily be removed and put in the baby’s mouth during play. 

Meanwhile, a baby walker shaped like a car with a rabbit on the front also failed safety checks.

Product testers found, when dropped, the rabbit on the front would break into five small pieces of plastic as well as releasing a screw.

A baby walker shaped like a car with a rabbit on the front shattered easily, producing debris that could be swallowed

Por favor active algunos Widgets

© Copyright 2020 INTERNATIONAL INVESTORS & FOUNDERS. All rights reserved. Designed by RodriguezDesign.net